Friends can sure enrich our lives. I know I really need my friends even though I tend to be an introvert. Maybe especially because I tend to be an introvert. I am one of those people that must have solitude in order to face others. But I have found that so many things are so much better when shared with friends, meals, for example. Cooking is even more fun when done with friends. For me, horseback riding is best done in the company of at least one friend and that friend is more often than not, Alice.
Alice is a force of nature. Literally. And that is a good thing. Just ask her! She is like a cat in that she never thinks it hurts to keep asking. Alice challenges me in lots of ways, some good, some not so good. Conversation with her is always interesting as she can expound on topics from law to cooking a freshly killed goat. Listening to her channel her horse is fascinating especially since her horse Sin/Syn has only one or two brain cells. Alice puts all of us younger riders to shame as she can and does out ride all of us. Alice is also a wonderful travel companion as she loves to explore her world. She is also not afraid to put herself out there though she is never a rude American.
I raise my glass to my friends.

No comments:
Post a Comment