Another gorgeous day in California though it rained in the night. I would prefer if it would rain during the day some so I could sit and watch it and maybe take a picture or two of it. Aw, well, I won't complain, at least we got some of the wet stuff for our parched state.
I am a bit sore today from a lovely day of skiing with Pat yesterday. We went to Northstar-at-Tahoe and skied our butts off but not literally sorry to say though Pat can't afford to lose anything off of his scrawny hiney! Anyway, we went to Northstar to take advantage of the 2 for 1 voucher we had received from Pat squeezing 10 gallons of gas from the Shell station into the poor Honda car. I have a love/hate relationship with Northstar as I think they have gotten too full of themselves with that blankety-blank village of theirs. You have to walk for hours just to get to the gondola. Then we had to wait 15 minutes just to get on the gondola to get up the fricking mountain. And just try to find a fricking bathroom! Ha! Up these stairs, down these stairs! In ski boots no less. I was getting pretty grumpy by the time we finally got to the real ski lifts!
Aw, but the day was amazing and we skied all over the mountain including the Lookout section. I even got stuck on some moguls and Pat suggested that I cut acrossed to a groomed area. Not fun! The snow was about two feet deep and I had to take off my itty bitty skis and wade through the white stuff to do it. I swear I walked a mile. I wouldn't lie! Go measure it for yourself if you don't believe me. We also skied the back area which has some of my favorite runs. We stopped for lunch about 2 as we got kind of a late start. We must learn to get up earlier, darn it!
We ate in the lodge at the main lift area. Pat had a veggie burger with grilled onions and cheese. It was pretty tasty but he was smart enough to say that the ones I make are way better. I had a bowl of chili which was quite good too. I know some people carry their lunches but I really enjoy a hot meal when I have been working so hard. I also had a Malibu Mai Tai that was prepared by quite a flirty bartender. The silly man was flirting with anything and everything that was female. He informed me that he just doesn't know why but he just loves women! I told him that I understood as I just love men. The Mai Tai was quite good and gave me a bit of a buzz. Not a bad thing for skiing.
We skied the backside til it was closed off but our legs were shot anyway so we headed to the lodge. As we got close, Pat said with glee in his voice, "People are still getting on the lift!" I do what I can to make the man happy so I struggled down the hill and we scrambled onto the lift and were the last ones to go. Gosh, that was a hard run. I stayed on the blues til I could find a green. Pat was shocked when we got to the gondola and I wanted to ride it down. I looked at him as if he were completely nuts! I sent him off alone as there was just no way that my legs would survive that last flat run.
We survived and had a great time. I got to play my favorite trick of falling asleep in the car. Nice to snooze to Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here.
I so love skiing and hope to do it til I am senile, that and ride horses. That is the plan.

Thanks for the comment the other day!
ReplyDeleteSkiing and horseback riding... those are two good things to do til you're senile! :)