My darling goddaughter is graduating from high school in June. Weren't those the good old days? I don't know either. Honestly I'm glad I don't have to re-live those days. Anyway, where was I? Oh, yes, Christina wanted senior pictures even though it was getting a little late in the school year for that. She asked me to shoot them since I have what she considers a facncy schmancy camera but I respectfully declined and e-mailed my friend Mike Dubnoff of Dubnoff Photograhy http://www.dubnoffportrait.com/ to see if he would be available to do the shoot. And he was. I scouted out our local town and found some awesome backdrops and so we set the date. The date came with threatening clouds and we had to re-schedule at the last minute, darn it! We were so disappointed. It was not all in vain as we did do some practice shots with my Nikon D90 out and about.
The next date came along and the weather was just amazing. And the shoot went off without a hitch. We shot in front of the finance building, a museum, in front of a restaurant, in a tree, by a water fountain, oh and we used Mike's beautiful Corvette as a prop. Christina appreciated that as she loves hot cars. The only downside of the shoot was we ran out of light. I got to pick up the proofs today and they are outstanding! My friends are really going to hate Mike because it is going to be almost impossible to choose from so many great pictures.
I am attaching a few of the shots that I took during the shoot. I would have taken more but I was holding the dog, darn it.

Nooo why didn't you do it! I bet they would have been great!! I remember you saying you were going to take some of someones daughter.. maybe not the same girl, but I think you should have done it!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your kind words but if you could see the difference between my work and the Pro's work, you would agree with my decision. Mike has been photographing weddings for over 25 years and knows how to get the picture. He knows the angles. He knows how to tilt the heads just so or whatever it takes. I do bow to his knowledge BUT I can learn from it too. Oh, and he does have a fill flash.
ReplyDelete